ASCE’s principal activity is its Annual Meeting, held in Miami, Florida, each August. There, during a two and a half-day period, scholars and professionals present papers and participate in roundtable discussions. Papers and their formal discussions, as well as roundtable summaries, are included in a volume of papers and proceedings. The conference is open to the general public.
- 2017 Conference (SAVE-THE-DATE: July 27, 28, and 29, 2017 at the Miami Downtown Hilton)
- Past Conferences
- Non-ASCE events
Among the wide range of topics covered in past annual meetings and volumes are:
- current analyses of the socio-economic and political situation in Cuba;
- lessons from transition economies; stabilization proposals;
- legal aspects of transition, such as property rights and privatization;
- agricultural issues, with particular emphasis on the sugar sector;
- foreign investment;
- social security and social safety net;
- the environment;
- balance of payments and trade policy;
- external debt problems;
- foreign assistance requirements; and
- a wide spectrum of issues related to monetary, fiscal and financial systems.
The published volumes of conference proceedings are widely used inside and outside of Cuba by universities, research centers, government agencies and others. Selected papers from these volumes are available in the Publications section of the website.